Friday 5 April 2019

Perfection #17 - Pokemon Red

Image result for Pokemon Red

Pokemon Red & Blue are the original Pokemon Game which were brought to the west, for the Nintendo GameBoy. You start in small town of Pallet Town in the Kanto Region, on your tenth birthday you are given a Starter Pokemon to befriend and battle with from the Pokemon Professor; Professor Oak. You are then tasked with defeating all Gym Leaders, and the Elite Four, as well as the Champion, also completing the Pokedex. You are bump into Team Rocket who plan to steal Pokemon for profit, who you need to stop. 

There are 8 Gyms, 4 Members of the Elite + the Champion and a lot of Pokemon to catch. I complete the Kanto Pokedex to the best of my ability without restarting or trading. Meaning I was not able to catch Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Meowth, Persian, Vulpix, Ninetales, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Magmar & Pinsir. I chose Squirtle and therefore I wasn't able to catch the Fire or Grass Type Starter Pokemon.

Once I defeated the Elite Four, I began catching all the Pokemon I could. Starting with Mewtwo, which I used my Master Ball on. Then the Legendary Trio Birds; Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Then the Safari Zone exclusive Pokemon, then everything else I needed to complete the Pokedex.

My Team:
Blastoise
Beedrill
Clefable
Dugtrio
Farfetch'd
Rhydon

Difficulty: 5/10 (defeating the elite four) 7/10 (catching the Kanto Pokedex)
Time to complete: 34 Hours to ~100% Kanto Pokedex
Overall Enjoyment: 8/10

The real problem was catching all of the Pokemon as Pokeballs have the ability to fail to even land properly, I found this mostly happened on Zapdos and Moltres... not sure why to be honest, but there you go. I have never been an amazing fan of the Safari Zone in any of the games, just because it takes forever to find a Pokemon you want, then it having an extremely small chance of it even being caught then running away. And lastly, Dragonite was the last Pokemon to complete my Pokedex as I caught a Dratini by fishing just outside of the Indigo Plateau, then switching it in and out of battle during a second run through the Elite Four, as well as grinding for experience in Victory Road. Anyways, I have now completed the Original English -Speaking Pokemon Games: Pokemon Red/Pokemon Blue/Pokemon Yellow. I have a copy of Pokemon Green in Japanese, but I don't think I will be tackling that any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment