Monday 3 September 2018

Perfection #10 - Pokemon Diamond

Image result for Pokemon Diamond Logo

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are two of five 4th Generation Games for the Nintendo DS. You start in the small town of Twinleaf Town where you and friendly rival go to Lake Verity where they meet Professor Rowan and his child, Dawn or Lucas, but they leave you and your rival alone. You then attacked by two wild Starlys, go they are forced to use one of the Starter Pokemon which was left behind by Professor Rowan. Professor Rowan allows you to keep your Pokemon as you demonstrated your Battle Abilities, this sparks your journey of being a Pokemon Master. To be a Pokemon Master, you need to defeat all 8 Gyms and the Elite Four; you also run into the evil criminal group, Team Galactic, who plan to summon a 4th Dimension Creating Legendary Pokemon, all the while collecting Pokemon and building a team of strong Pokemon to befriend.

There are 8 Gyms, 4 Members of the Elite Four + the Champion and a bunch of Pokemon to catch. I completed the Sinnoh Pokedex to the best of my ability without restarting or buying the other game. Meaning I did not catch; Palkia, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Glameow, Purugly, Spiritomb, Turtwig, Grotle, Chimchar & Monferno - this is because I chose Piplup as my starter Pokemon. I wasn't able to get a Spiritomb as I don't have a another copy of Diamond or, Pearl or Platinum, therefore I could have not have visited other players in the Underground. I was able to get a Munchlax from a Honey Tree, but I was trying for 4 weeks straight, but never the less, I was able to catch a Honey Tree Munchlax.

Once the Elite Four has been defeated and you have been accepted into the Hall of Fame, the ferry to Battle Zone will become available, giving you the ability to see Pokemon from other generations and catch Heatran at Stark Mountain. You also get to the Battle Tower and battle against Tower Tycoon Palmer.

My Team:
Empoleon
Staraptor
Golem
Machamp
Skuntank (Shiny)
Dusknoir

Difficulty: 6/10 (defeating the elite four) 10/10 (catching the Sinnoh Pokedex)
Time to complete: 45 Hours to ~100% Sinnoh Pokedex
Overall Enjoyment: 7/10

The real problem is catching all of the Pokemon in the Sinnoh Pokedex. Honey Tree Munchlax took too long to catch, catching Pokemon from the Great Marsh was also a hassle, also Feebas gave me some trouble. I feel like the Fog is a real annoying feature, true, you can use HM for Defog to get rid of the Fog, but then you are using up a move slot on one of your Pokemon, or you need to carry around your HM Slave with you all the time. I know that the Dusknoir Line are not available in the normal game, before defeating the Elite Four, but my friend traded it to me for my Dustox. The game also froze on me twice, both in raining muddy Route 212, this was really annoying as it's a rather long route and I lost the progress twice... This was the first Pokemon game I played properly, as it's nice to see that the game hasn't changed much from what I can remember of it. Also the Shiny Skuntank is the first Shiny Pokemon I've ever caught (not including the Red Gyarados at Lake Rage), it was caught on Route 206, on the way to Wayward Cave, underneath the Cycling Road.

My Pokemon Diamond Team Trainer Card

No comments:

Post a Comment