Sunday 28 January 2018

Collection Update #1

Collection Update #1
(January, 2018)

So I thought I would have an update on what I ended up adding to my collection this month, it's not just games, I enjoy collecting car-related stuff, figures, DVDs, vinyls, etc, anything I enjoy.

Mini Ninjas (Nintendo Wii)
Image result for Mini Ninjas wii













L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
Image result for 360 - l.a. noire













Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360)
Image result for 360 - duke nukem forever













Halo 4 - Metal Case (Xbox 360)
Image result for 360 - halo 4 metal case













Need for Speed: Payback (Xbox One)
Image result for one - need for speed payback













Lightning McQueen Mattel Toy Car
Image result for lightning mcqueen mattel car











Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Blu-Ray
Image result for valerian and the city of a thousand planets blu-ray













Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Blu-Ray
Image result for blu-ray - scott pilgrim vs the world













LEGO The Beatles Yellow Submarine
Image result for lego the beatles yellow submarine













Mini Ninjas is cool game I played on the Xbox 360 a while ago, but I have always wanted it on the Wii because my friend had it when I was younger and I was never able to play it. Anyways, I enjoyed it on Xbox 360, so I thought I would also get on the Nintendo Wii for the motion controls, I haven't played it yet, but it is in the unplayed pile.

L.A. Noire was really cool, I remember seeing game play of it on YouTube about 7 years ago thought it was really neat. I also really like American 1940's styling in general, the old car, the pinstripe suits, the slang every wise guy uses. I thought the questioning aspect of the game was pretty cool and the story was really interesting.

Duke Nukem Forever I thought was a "really out there" game, I played Duke Nukem 3D on the Xbox Live Arcade a while ago and thought it was pretty cool. I saw the game in a second-hand store for something like £3 so I had to pick it up. Again I haven't played it yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Halo 4 in the Metal Case is pretty neat, I have already played Halo 4 multiple times, through the 360 release and in the Master Chief Collection. I have always been a huge Halo fan, so again I saw it for about £5 and picked it up.

Need for Speed: Payback was really good for a Modern Need for Speed Game, I wanted to play it seen it was released but really didn't want to pay £40 for it. But I got it later for cheap and I thought it wasn't as good as the classic NFS games, but a lot better then the more resent games in the series. I thought the multiple classes of cars was neat with Drag, Drift, Race, Offroad & Runner, all being self-explanatory, apart from Runner, when you are trying to out run police cars from pulling off heists and data collections.

Lightning McQueen Mattel Toy Car, firstly I honestly loved Disney Cars & Disney Cars 3, ignoring the second film... I love cars and I saw the first film when I was 8, which I think properly kick-started the love for cars. Also the toy was given to me by my friend as a joke for a late Christmas present, so it was a win/win situation.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets was a really great film, I believe it was swept under the rug by bigger films coming out at the same time. Based of the French Comics, Valerian and Laureline, I thought the story was pretty awesome and the Special Effects were even better, creating the world of a thousand alien species, weapons, gadgets and vehicles, the film was pretty great and was unfairly rated.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World did terribly at the box office, but was loved by critics and even has a large cult following, based of the Comics, it is the most faithful comic/book adaption ever down to the graphics, story and script. I really enjoyed this film, especially being directed by one of my favourite directors ever, Edgar Wright, I thought Michael Cera was great as Scott Pilgrim and Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona Flowers, I thought the one-screen couple worked extremely well together and the film flowed will on a whole.

LEGO Beatles Yellow Submarine a little bit of an impulse buy as I loved the Beatles and I love LEGO, also I heard that the model was ending its production soon anyways, so I had to get it. Anyways it is destined to arrive on the 2nd of February but I bought it on the 22nd of January... anyways I am sure it will look really neat on my desk in my office.

So that's it for now. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment