Tuesday 16 January 2018

Awards of 2017

Well it's awards season, so I through I would give out my personally opinions of what video games were best of the genre.

Best Shooter - Nominees: Destiny 2, Call of Duty: World War II, Wolfenstein II: The New Order
The Best Shooter of 2017 is Call of Duty: World War II.
I loved it because it took Call of Duty back to the past, rather than the previous games in the series, it was serious and had a great story. I also thought the Multiplayer was well done as well as Zombies not attempting to be funny was a nice touch.

Best Action Game - Nominees: LA Noire, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Cuphead, Horizon Zero Dawn
The Best Action of 2017 is Cuphead.
I loved it because it was an original game which we've not seen in a long time, I really enjoyed the difficulty and the art style was perfect. The fast pace of the game was challenging but not impossible, which made it fun, especially playing 2-player.

Best Role-Playing Game - Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Personna 5, Batman: The Enemy Within
The Role-Playing Game of 2017 is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
I loved it because of the giant open world and the depth to all of the characters you can talk to. I enjoyed the side-quests, and I really enjoyed the story. I thought it played extremely well on the Nintendo Switch, which I hope to see many more Zelda Games on the console.

Best Adventure Game - Doki Doki Literature Club, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassin's Creed: Origins
The Best Adventure Game of 2017 is Assassin's Creed: Origins
I loved it because the vast map, as well as the side-quests, which play along side the historical journey which is the amazing story. I thought the parkour controls have improved in the series once again, which made me rage a lot less complaining why he would randomly jump to his death

Best Platformer - Metroid: Samus Returns, Cuphead, Super Mario Odyssey, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
The Best Platformer of 2017 is Metroid: Samus Returns
I loved it because of the classic graphics and the fast fluid combat. Yes I know it's a remake, but that's what makes it great, the original Metroid II: Return of Samus; it was great then and it is great now. The game has been touched up amazingly since the original release in 1991.

Best Racing Game - Forza Motorsport 7, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Need for Speed: Payback, Grand Turismo Sport.
The Best Racing Game of 2017 is Forza Motorsport 7
I loved it because of the intense detail to attention to the vehicles and tracks, as well as the changing weather function. I'm not saying GT Sport is bad, far from it - I really like both games, but Forza just edged it out due to the inclusion of the Hoonigan Cars and the packed multiplayer servers.

Game of the Year 2017 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Forza Motorsport 7, Cuphead
Game of the Year 2017 is Forza Motorsport 7
Yes it had a hazy start with Multiplayer and Forzathon not being active, but it is really in its prime now. The dynamics of each and every vehicle are unique from one another, which is amazing. The detail of every marking on the road of the Nurburgring to the classic lines of the 1926 Bugatti Type 35 C is just amazing. The campaign doesn't feel like a grind as there are so many cars to choose from so it doesn't become boring at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment