Tuesday 20 March 2018

Collection Update #3

Collection Update #3
(March, 2018)

Tomb Raider II (Playstation 1)
Related image

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition (Xbox One)
Image result for the witcher 3 wild hunt game of the year edition xbox one

Pokemon Leaf Green (Nintendo GameBoy Advance)
Image result for Pokemon LeafGreen

Pokemon Red (Nintendo GameBoy)
Image result for Pokemon Red

LEGO Marvel Superheroes Hulkbuster Smash-Up
Image result for lego hulkbuster 76104

Red Sparrow (Cinema)
Image result for Red Sparrow Movie Poster

Tomb Raider (Cinema)
Image result for tomb raider 2018 poster

Tomb Raider II is a classic straple in game history, spawning several films and now getting a rebooted video game recently. I played it at a friend's house when I was about 8 and enjoyed it then because I thought it was cool as it was a mature game for an 8 year old. Especially how I bought down my Playstation 1 from the loft, I thought it would be great to get the game and play it for myself.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was an impulse buy, I haven't played it yet but I can't wait as I have been wanting to play it for ages now. I have heard it feels a bit like Skyrim and plays like a Fallout. I play these sort of fantasy games more as a barbarian-like class - I like to get the biggest weapon I can get my hands on and smash stuff... we'll see how that works out for me.

Pokemon LeafGreen plays through the remake of the original Pokemon Games, but with the added Sevii Islands which are home to previous region legendary Pokemon. I remember watching the walkthrough to the game on YouTube, by the YouTuber Lueroi; but I never played it before, so I through I would play through it and see how nostalgic it would be.

Pokemon Red is one of the original Pokemon Games, alongside Pokemon Blue & Pokemon Yellow; and technically Pokemon Green in Japan. Either way, it was the remaining Pokemon Game I haven't played through yet on the Original GameBoy. Just like the other 1st Generation Pokemon Games, you play through the Kanto Region catching Pokemon, defeat Team Rocket, later defeating the Elite Four and becoming the new Pokemon League Champion.

The LEGO MARVEL Superheroes Hulkbuster Smash-Up set is a pretty cool LEGO set, it's apart of the upcoming Marvel Infinity War LEGO Sets, which co-inside with the new MARVEL Movie coming out. I'm gonna cut to the chase, I bought it for the Hulkbuster, not for the rest of the stuff, don't get me wrong, I like the other bits and minifigure but I wanted the hulkbuster mech; especially how I couldn't justify getting the £200 Exclusive Set.

Red Sparrow was an interesting thriller film. It has a lot more blood, gore and sex than I expected. It's about a ballerina who goes a painful accident, forcing her to give up on her dreams. She is later recruited to be a Russian Spy who uses her sex appeal and body to get information. She later becomes a double agent for the CIA, trying to find a mole in the Russian Intelligence Service. Honestly, I can't understand how it is a 15/R, surely it has to be an 18/NC-17 age rating.

Tomb Raider was an exciting action film, following Lara Croft attempting to find her father after he becomes lost after 7 years of travelling to find ancient Japanese Death Goddess' Tomb. Based of the original concepts of the video game series, I feel that it had a strong female hero and a great villain with amazing special effects and action scenes. Not going to lie, but it possibly the best video game movie ever, and a pretty great film all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment